We are seeking an excellent communicator, writer, and avid social media user as a Marketing and Communications intern to support public relations, marketing, blog and social media for GGP.
Social Media and Web Responsibilities:
- Create content to grow the organization’s footprint, including social media and blog posts
- Research current artisan partners and product, maintain sample closet
- Expand and maintain GGP’s social networking and online presence to promote GGP products, fundraising efforts, and stories of women artisan partners around the world.
- Create compelling narratives about GGP’s partners and work around the world.
- Research and update country and partner information currently on the website.
- Craft descriptive and appealing product descriptions for the website.
PR and Events Responsibilities:
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news, relevant holidays, and collections Outreach to potential media partners with pitches, press releases and curated line sheets
- Actively pursue permanent links on like-minded sites, and assist with implementing social media strategy.
- Organize events designed to engage our target market. Develop and enact a strategy for digital communications with consumers and other key stakeholders to include artisan stories, product information, and resources.
- Excellent research, communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with social media, blogging and creating public relations campaigns
- Interest in and knowledge of fair trade and ethical business
- Able to commit to 2-3 days per week
Specific Qualifications (a plus but not necessary):
- Experience in creating and implementing public relations campaigns, including familiarity with print and online media
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Shopify, SEO, Adwords
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing applications like vertical response
- Interest in fashion, design, or craft production
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
115 W 30th Street, Suite 400, New York
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter via email. No phone calls, please.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Global Goods Partners is an equal opportunity employer
Global Goods Partners is a non-profit, social enterprise based in NYC that is dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice by strengthening women-led development initiatives around the world. We partner with organizations, associations, and cooperatives worldwide that integrate their commitment to community development—specifically, improvements in education, health, women’s rights, and employment opportunities—with socially responsible income-generating enterprises. We create economic opportunity by offering design direction, generating demand, and bringing the unique, handmade, and quality fashion accessories that our more than 40 partners in 22 countries produce to the U.S. and international markets through our website, www.globalgoodspartners.org.