Global Goods Partners (GGP) is looking for a highly organized, motivated and detail oriented individual interested in gaining comprehensive experience in product development, management and distribution. The person in this position will split the workweek between GGP’s office in Manhattan and small warehouse in Astoria, Queens, which is easily accessible by subway.
The warehouse related tasks include customer service, inventory management, warehouse oversight, and all product fulfillment. The non-production related tasks include support to management team for sales, marketing, and operations.
- Maintain production calendars and develop production timelines to ensure the timely delivery of all pending orders.
- Conduct trend forecast research and create and maintain trend and color guide boards.
- Gather and maintain product catalogs on a regular basis.
- Generate sample orders and purchase orders for seasonal buys.
- Track and manage all pending orders.
- Coordinate sample shipments to custom and wholesale clients.
- Maintain sample, fabrication, and color library; organize and track all GGP samples, materials, fabrication samples and color cards.
- Create linesheets, price sheets, and product documents needed for wholesale and custom clients.
- Review samples and provide feedback with CADS or visual aides to artisan partners up to approval stage for production.
- Generate SKUs and sales orders for custom and wholesale clients.
- Coordinate shipping, customs and duties on arriving orders with artisan partners and brokers.
- Research and source packaging materials and trim options.
- Support Production and Design in creating specs and CADs for packaging, and care instructions for custom wholesale and retail product.
- Perform quality control for custom, wholesale and retail orders. Maintain and update tools available for warehouse management to support QC on incoming orders.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND ORDER FULFILLMENT
- Assist with GGP’s product management through the entire supply chain; serve as the liaison between the warehouse, operations, production and marketing.
- Create product SKUs with the software system
- Receive incoming merchandise physically and through GGP’s software. Perform quality control, stock and prepare merchandise as needed.
- Monitor inventory levels physically and through software, and perform necessary inventory counts and adjustments. Ensure that the website and the warehouse inventory sync correctly.
- Process, pack, and ship orders accurately. Manage and assume responsibility for order fulfillment process, including trouble-shooting, tracking back orders, and returns and exchanges.
- Assist with GGP’s custom orders, including product prep and packing processes.
- Organize and maintain the warehouse space.
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Reorder and restock supplies for the warehouse and the office.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES SUPPORT
Provide support for the sales team as requested.
- Provide customer service support via email and phone.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitor activity through weekly market research, competitive shopping and analysis
- Create and update line sheets and e-catalogs
- Support GGP’s Marketing Manager in planning, setting up and staffing GGP’s semi-annual participation in NY NOW (NY gift fair) and other on-site events
- Follow up and respond to retail and wholesale customer inquiries
- Notify customers when items of interest are back in stock
- Infrequent overtime and weekend hours may be required with advance notice.
- Create compelling narratives about GGP’s partners
- Research and update country and partner information currently on the website.
- Craft descriptive and appealing product descriptions for the website.
- Assist with events designed to engage our target market.
Proven ability to self-manage and adhere to deadlines.
- Education: College degree and relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational skills; extremely detail-oriented.
- E-commerce or retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to push/pull up to 10 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
Basic computer knowledge required. Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google Sheets. Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate effective communication and problem solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for two professional references
Please do not apply if you do not fit the criteria above. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
(No phone calls, please)