Global Goods Partners is a non-for-profit, social enterprise based in New York that is dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice by strengthening women-led development initiatives around the world.
Through partnerships with nearly 40 organizations, associations, and cooperatives of women artisans in 20 countries worldwide, we create economic opportunity by offering design direction, production assistance, inventory management expertise and small capacity building grants to our network of artisan partners. Since GGP’s founding 18 years ago, we have created a strong online presence in the US marketplace where we promote and sell our partners’ products to individual consumers, national and local retail business and to corporations.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing all processes involved in the production of new and current GGP products. In addition to the specific responsibilities listed below, the associate will be the production point-person—communicating revisions, updates, challenges and all other relevant information to GGP’s artisan partners, GGP’s product designer and GGP’s management team. The Production Manager is a hybrid position. Most days will be remote, but the Production Manager’s presence is required at our warehouse in Astoria, Queens, to assist with product deliveries (2-4 times/month) and to perform other responsibilities detailed below. In additional in-person team meetings occur in New York City 2-4 times/year.
Planning and Information Management
● Maintain production calendars and develop production timelines to ensure the timely delivery of all pending orders
● Review all design specs created by GGP’s designer and ensure that they are clear and comprehensive
● Create and maintain seasonal product log, updating for accuracy and notating as necessary
● Create product reference sheets for artisan partners, as necessary, filing relevant documents and details in shared Drive
● Input all artisan partners’ product codes, color codes and product photos in Cin7 to produce completed POs with all product info as reference for CBOs to follow.
● Regularly gather, maintain and organize files of product catalogs and reference samples from GGP partners
● Maintain regular communications with artisan partners, as required, using any and all communication tools optimal for artisan partners. This may require communicating with GGP artisan partners through email, Skype, Whatsapp, before and after GGP office hours
● Communicate production updates to colleagues regularly through Asana (project management platform) and weekly staff meetings
● Meet weekly with supervisor Samples and Purchase Orders
● Create and send purchase orders (POs) to GGP artisan partners for all reorders, product samples and new orders
● Track and manage all pending POs; SKU creation, pricing confirmation, color code and product information, production timelines and check-ins, shipping coordination, receiving at GGP’s warehouse
● Communicate tracking and shipping status of incoming POs
● Maintain Production Room at GGP’s warehouse: organize samples in an efficient manner, assess capacity of the room, provide detailed information ahead of Sample Sales
● Understand design specs and communicate clearly both to design and management internally and to artisan partners
● Review incoming samples and provide feedback until final prototypes are approved for production
● Perform quality control on product samples and production orders, and convey production or quality issues to colleagues and to artisan partners
● Coordinate sample shipments to custom and wholesale clients
● Perform inventory and sales analysis to maintain stock levels and estimate reorders based on sales projections
● Coordinate with Sales to analyze third-party platforms
● Review inventory regularly and maintain detailed records on pricing and price changes
Support warehouse operations as needed, including:
● Assist GGP’s Warehouse Manager in receiving all products and performing quality control on every arriving shipment
● Maintain a Production Room at our Warehouse for all samples and quality control-failed products
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Highly organized with strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Excel and other spreadsheet tools
- Physically fit for warehouse work
- College degree, or substantial and relevant prior experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with inventory management and quality control
This is a full-time position; salary commensurate with experience.
Please note: This position is remote but requires the Production Manager to be located in the New York City area.
GGP is an equal opportunity employer