GGP is seeking a free-lance product designer to contribute to our growing line of children’s toys and accessories. Designing for GGP requires an appreciation for and knowledge of handcrafts, sustainable resources and small-scale production.
The designer will be tasked with developing a collection of hand-knit stuffed animals and/or dolls and felt puppet bags. The position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Produce marketable product concepts and designs using techniques specific to GGP partners and materials that reflect the GGP brand and take into consideration targeted price points.
- Create all spec sheets, tech packs and new artwork that can be easily interpreted by non-English speakers
- Review samples and/or images and provide feedback to GGP artisan partners via email, WhatsApp or Skype.
- Approve final prototypes for production
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA in product design or strong relevant experience
- Fluency with design software
- Strong written and graphic communication
- Motivated by GGP’s mission
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Link to a portfolio website or PDF
Please do not apply if you do not fit the criteria above. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email. (No phone calls, please)
ABOUT GLOBAL GOODS PARTNERS
Global Goods Partners (GGP) is a non-profit social enterprise based in New York that is dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice by strengthening women-led development initiatives around the world. Through partnerships with nearly 40 organizations, associations, and cooperatives of women artisans in 20 countries worldwide, we create economic opportunity by offering design direction, assisting with production, and importing handcrafted accessories and home décor to the U.S. market, distributed through our website.
GGP is an equal opportunity employer.