Part-Time Merchandise Coordinator
Global Goods Partners (GGP) has an immediate opening for a detail oriented, well-organized individual to assist in managing product inventory and distribution at its facility in Astoria, Queens. We are seeking a commitment of 20 hours/week. The location is easily accessible by subway (N and Q lines). The position pays $15/hour.
- - pack and send orders to GGP’s retail and wholesale customers
- - handle merchandise with care, including attaching tags, folding, and stocking on the shelves
- - maintain order, keep the space clean
- - shipping and receiving purchase orders, maintaining supplies, processing returns; additional inventory management tasks will be assigned after training
- - comfortable with computers, ie. quick to learn new software programs
- - great communication skills
- - physically able to lift 15 pounds
- - tech-savvy, ie. able to change ink cartridges for a printer
- - ability to work independently
Global Goods Partners (GGP) is a New York-based non-profit social enterprise dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice by strengthening women-led development initiatives for marginalized communities in the Global South. Founded in 2005, GGP creates economic opportunity for women in some of the world’s poorest communities by providing access to the US market for the fair trade, handmade products they produce. Working in partnership with women-led producer groups with strong social missions, GGP provides technical assistance, product development, operational expertise and small capacity building grants to our community based partners. With this support, GGP is empowering women to create sustainable change—advancing the health and wellbeing of their families and communities.
Global Goods Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Please send an email along with your resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.