The Merchandising Intern will play a critical supporting role in the detailed management of the product lifecycle process, in tracking purchase orders and product samples, in preparing weekly sales reports, and other deliverables to ensure key product development and financial deadlines are met.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and updating selling reports weekly, and helping prepare for bi-weekly best seller/business reviews
- Managing product placement and creating collections on GGP’s retail and wholesale website
- Coordinating with production assistant and photographer to obtain content and images for website and upload new product as needed. Creating and updating line sheets and e-catalogs
- Helping coordinate samples for PR efforts, photo shoots, advertising and events
- Assisting in maintaining and merchandising the showroom and sample closet
- Staying abreast of industry trends and competitor activity through weekly market research, competitive shopping and analysis
- In addition to daily task, will learn about pricing, product development, retail math and more
- Available minimum 3 days per week, for 4 months, starting in April 2017
- Interest in merchandising and sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a passionate curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers, and emerging technology
Specific Qualifications (but not necessary):
- Familiarity with Shopify
- SEO / SEM / Adwords
115 W 30th Street, Suite 400, New York
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter via email. No phone calls, please.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Global Goods Partners is an equal opportunity employer
Global Goods Partners is a non-profit, social enterprise based in NYC that is dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice by strengthening women-led development initiatives around the world. We partner with organizations, associations, and cooperatives worldwide that integrate their commitment to community development—specifically, improvements in education, health, women’s rights, and employment opportunities—with socially responsible income-generating enterprises. We create economic opportunity by offering design direction, generating demand, and bringing the unique, handmade, and quality fashion accessories that our more than 40 partners in 22 countries produce to the U.S. and international markets through our website, www.globalgoodspartners.org.